If you have braces, it can sometimes be difficult to keep them clean. The important thing is to make sure no food debris gets lodged in the spaces where the brace meets the teeth, or in the gaps between teeth. Here are a few tips for keeping your teeth clean with braces:
- Do not miss your regularly scheduled appointments with our orthodontist.
- Make sure to keep up the habit of attending your professional cleanings and oral exams with your dentist.
- Continue brushing your teeth twice a day, Also floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
- Always rinse your mouth with water before brushing. This can loosen any debris that has gotten stuck in your braces.
- Brush your gumline at a 45-degree angle. Also be sure to brush all your teeth at the gumline and above and below the braces.
If you are unsure about what tools will work best for you, be sure to visit our orthodontist at Ramsay Orthodontics to help you decide what will work best for your brushing and flossing needs.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Stephan Ramsay, please call us at 512-346-1384 to speak with a member of our experienced team. We can also be reached at our office in Austin, Texas. We look for to helping you create a smile you will be proud of!