If your teeth don’t come together properly, you have what is called a malocclusion–more commonly known as a bad bite. Patients of all ages can develop malocclusions at any time and for a variety of reasons. Orthodontics is often the best solution to an unhealthy bite.
We have provided a list of types of malocclusions that can often be corrected by receiving braces:
– Crossbites: Your upper jawbone doesn’t meet with your lower jawbone properly
– Deep bites: The upper teeth stick out to the point that the lower teeth cut into the roof of the mouth
– Misplaced midlines: Your upper and lower teeth don’t align in the middle
– Open bites: Your upper and lower teeth don’t meet when you bite down
– Overbites: The upper front teeth protrude more than your lower teeth–also called buck teeth
– Rotation malocclusions: Teeth shift in and out of alignment
– Spacing malocclusions: Large and irregular spaces between teeth
– Transposition malocclusions: Your teeth erupt through the gums in the wrong locations
– Underbites: The lower teeth protrude farther than the upper teeth–also called bulldog teeth
If you suffer from an unwanted malocclusion and would like to seek orthodontic treatment for a bad bite in Austin, Texas, contact Ramsay Orthodontics at 512-346-1384 today and arrange your consultation with our orthodontist, Dr. Stephan Ramsay.